[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Help please! trying to install diary

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Help please! trying to install diary
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:11:05 +0000

Jody Klymak wrote:

> Hi Sharon,
>
> Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I've been trying for some time now to install diary and reminder
>> into my planner setup. I found planner yesterday and started using
>> it, its very neat and potentially useful. But I'm having great
>> difficulty in installing diary and reminder with it. Can anyone help
>> me please?
>
> What are you trying to do? and what is the difficulty you are having?
>
> For diary integration I have:
>
> (require 'planner-diary)
> (setq planner-diary-use-diary t)
> (planner-insinuate-diary)
> (planner-insinuate-calendar)
> (setq planner-diary-number-of-days 7)
> (setq planner-diary-number-of-diary-entries 7)
> (setq planner-diary-file diary-file)

I added this section to my .emacs and it works!

> For remember, I have:
>
> (require 'remember);
> (require 'remember-planner)
> (setq remember-handler-functions '(remember-planner-append))
> (setq remember-annotation-functions planner-annotation-functions)

So I next added this section to my .emacs, and I got this error message
'File error: "Cannot open load file", "remember"'.

And now I'm stuck! I don't know why it isn't loading so I tried using 'emacs
--debug-init' at the command line. This is its reply;-
=======================
 require(remember)
  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "~/.emacs" nil t)
  load-with-code-conversion("/home/boztu/.emacs" "~/.emacs" t t)
  load("~/.emacs" t t)
  #[nil " …—
======================

And I'm still stuck! Can anyone help me get it loaded and working please?

> I don't think you want to use remember-diary.el until you check out
> the more basic versions first.  You should also read up on how diary
> itself works.

Fair enough. I intend to work slowly and get it all working, so that I can
then 'work' with it usefully! :)

Sharon.
--
 17:04:09 up 3 days, 30 min,  1 user,  load average: 1.31, 1.44, 1.44
A taste of linux http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/efever/index.html