[emacs-wiki-discuss] annotations from files: line and column numbers

From: Jesse Alama
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] annotations from files: line and column numbers
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:28:19 -0800

Hello,

I appreciate being able to revisit files by following links that were
generated from M-x remember.  This function could be improved, IMHO,
if M-x remember recorded the line number of the file I was visiting at
the time, and perhaps the column number, too.  By following a link
generated in this way, not only would I revisit the file I was
visiting when I hit M-x remember, but I would also be put back to the
exact spot in the file I was looking at.

Thoughts?

Warm regards,

Jesse

--