[emacs-wiki-discuss] why is planner-diary-add-entry commented out?

From: Jesse Alama
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] why is planner-diary-add-entry commented out?
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:10:57 -0800

Hello,

I read through Jody Klymak's nice discussion of the emacs planner at
http://opg1.ucsd.edu/~jklymak/PlannerMode.html and saw a description
of `planner-diary-add-entry'.  As soon as I understood what this
function was supposed to do I wanted to use it, but to my surprise, it
was undefined, even though I've loaded planner-diary.el.  I saw that
in fact `planner-diary-add-entry' *is* defined in planner-diary.el,
but the definition is commented out.  (Some parts of it are even
commented out twice!  That is, some lines are prefaced by ";; ;;",
whereas others are commented out with just ";;".)  Why?  I uncommented
the the commented out region (the region that's commented out only
once), loaded the function definition, and it seemed to work just
fine.  Is there some subtle bug that I should be aware of?

Warm regards,

Jesse

--
Jesse Alama | address@hidden | http://www.stanford.edu/~alama