[emacs-wiki-discuss] perl planner-mode module

From: Alex White
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] perl planner-mode module
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:17:37 -0600

Hey,

I've been working on a perl library that parses planner-mode pages, for use with emacs planner-mode or eventually as a stand-alone perl-based wiki plugin.

I have an early version of my library available that parses planner-mode pages, stores data in a central SQLite database. It also exports tasks and schedule data to ICAL (a standardized calendaring format) using the ICalLite perl module, which I began writing specifically for that purpose.

 http://www.geekfarm.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/PlannerMode

So far, the only PlannerMode script that's fully working uses Sacha's remind.el lisp code, along with my own plan2rem script that uses my PlannerMode and ICalLite libraries to create an ICAL file. By keeping the ICAL file behind a WebDAV server, I can subscribe to it and track any changes automatically in my ICAL client, the Mac OS X calendar app (it's also supported by the mozilla calendar client and others). I can see all my incomplete tasks on the to-do list (with proper due dates and such), along with a calendar view of my schedule. The mac client even supports syncing both task lists and schedule data to my palmtop. :)

The code is alpha quality. It needs some refactoring, may have numerous bugs, and the docs are pretty weak at the moment. The modules are available for download at the link above and the plan2rem script (included in the PlannerMode tarball) seems to be working great at this point, at least for me. Suggestions for improvement are welcomed.

--
wu