[emacs-wiki-discuss] Howto attach a note to a task?

From: Jeremy Cowgar
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Howto attach a note to a task?
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:26:29 -0500

Is there a way to attach a note to a given task? For instance, one
task may require 4 or 5 phone calls in order to complete. I work like
to log those phone calls and any information about them and
have some way of identifying that these phone call notes are attached
to a given task. Also, I would like to be able to be at the task and
bounce over to the notes for that given task.

I know you could create a plan page, but that's too much. Some tasks
may only require 1 note, others 2, others maybe 20. I also know that
you can break your tasks down into different sections, but then you
loose sorting capability for a common set of tasks. Here's an example:

* Tasks

#B   _ Mail out provider extract (WorkPool)
#B   _ Upgrade postfix on mail (WorkPool)
#B   _ Install RedBook on Johns computer (WorkPool)

Those three tasks might all have notes attached, but they are all
small enough tasks not to warrant a plan page, or even separation into
different categories.

Thanks for any input!

Jeremy Cowgar