[emacs-wiki-discuss] auto-bbdb'izing?

From: Paul Lussier
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] auto-bbdb'izing?
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 11:29:03 -0500

Hi all,

How could I create a function which would auto-create a bbdb link in
my planner pages?  Since I use planner for lots of work related
things, I often reference people's names with whome I work.

I often have notes or tasks which reference a person.  So I want to be
able to turn the string 'jdoe', automatically, into something like
[[bbdb://jdoe][John Doe]].  I'm thinking this would perhaps be bound
to some key sequence, and could work on either the string immediately
to the right, or left of point, depending up a prefix arg.

Does that make sense?  I was also thinking this same sort of behavior
might be nice for other keywords like 'yesterday', 'today', and
'tomorrow'.  Such that if you needed to write one of these, you could
then morph it into something like [[2005.02.08][yesterday]].

Or, does this functionality already exist, and I'm missing out on it :)

--
Thanks,
Paul