[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Some Planner questions

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Some Planner questions
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 15:16:09 +0900

clair ching <address@hidden> writes:

>> C-u 90 M-x diary    (the next 90 days)
> I am still clueless.  Where do I specify this argument?  I kind of
> need to see my Diary entries within the next 2 months.  This is
> particularly useful for people who schedule activities with other

Try this interactively:

M-6 M-0 M-x diary

or

C-u 60 M-x diary

That shows you your diary entries for the next 2 months.

I usually tend to just go to the planner pages for those days, though.

>> this to happen in M-x diary as well, you can add sort-diary-entries
>> to your list-diary-entries-hook, I think.
> Still new to Emacs.  What are hooks?:)

Short fix: add this to your ~/.emacs

(setq list-diary-entries-hook '(include-other-diary-files sort-diary-entries))

For more fun and profit, browse through the Emacs manual... =)

Have fun!
--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed