[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Arch tutorial part 3: Cooperation and Arch

From: Stefan Reichör
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Arch tutorial part 3: Cooperation and Arch
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 08:23:43 +0100

Hi Michael!

> I have released the next installment of my Arch tutorial series.
>
> http://www.mwolson.org/projects/CooperationAndArch.html

A very nice tutorial!
I would use xtla a little bit more ;-)

So let me advertise the tla bookmarks to get you started

You can display the bookmarks via M-x tla-bookmarks.
a b allows you to enter a new bookmark.

Here is a part of my bookmarks list:
M-x tla-bookmarks
*tla-bookmarks*
                    xtla: address@hidden/xtla--devo--0.9
              emacs-wiki: address@hidden/emacs-wiki--main--1.0
              emacs-muse: address@hidden/muse--main--1.0
           emacs-planner: address@hidden/planner--dev--1.0
          emacs-remember: address@hidden/remember--dev--1.0
                   emacs: address@hidden/emacs--cvs-trunk--0
                    gnus: address@hidden/gnus--devo--0

>From here I can show the missing patches for a bookmark (I used
emacs-wiki here):
M m (M-x tla-bookmarks-missing)
*tla-missing*

*** Bookmark emacs-wiki (address@hidden/emacs-wiki--main--1.0): ***

Missing patches from partner emacs-wiki:
    address@hidden/emacs-wiki--main--1.0--patch-32  [NOT MERGED]
      Add definition for <example> tags in default CSS stylesheet
      Michael Olson <address@hidden>
      2005-01-30 03:53:28 GMT

end.

Now I can view/merge the new patches

=   ... displays the changeset
l   ... displays the log message
M u ... calls tla update
M s ... calls tla star-merge

When you only track these projects, you can hit = to display the
changeset, hit l to show the log message and finally hit M u to update
your tree with the available new patches.

If you are responsible for the integration branch and want to merge
from different branches you can use the partners feature. We use it
for the xtla development and it is a really nice thing.

Here is how it works:
You can add a partner for your bookmarks via a p (M-x
tla-bookmarks-add-partner-interactive).
When you then use M m, you get the missing patches of all your
partners. After that you can star-merge them via M s.

When you are ready to commit the merged stuff, just use
C-u C-c C-m (M-x tla-log-edit-insert-log-for-merge) to prepare a log
message for the merge.

Stefan.