Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: sorting tasks by state

From: John S J Anderson
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: sorting tasks by state
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:28:56 -0500

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

> John S J Anderson <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>   Is there a variable that I can frob to change the order that task
>>   states are sorted in? At the moment, 'o' state tasks sort before '_'
>
> Frob either the planner-sort-tasks-key-function variable or the
> planner-sort-tasks-basic function. ^_^

  Thanks, but I don't appear to have either of those to frob,
  unfortunately. 8^/=

  I'm running:

planner-version's value is
"2004.12.27-14.27-stable"

  And this is what I get when I look for 'planner-sort-task' in the
  planner directory of the tarball that I downloaded:

{08:27:00} (mendel) [0.03] -0-
<~/sacha-stable/planner> $ grep planner-sort-task *
planner.el:(defcustom planner-sort-tasks-automatically t
planner.el:      (add-hook hook 'planner-sort-tasks-maybe t t)
planner.el:         (let ((planner-sort-tasks-automatically
planner.el:                (and planner-sort-tasks-automatically
planner.el:(defun planner-sort-tasks ()
planner.el:(defun planner-sort-tasks-maybe ()
planner.el:  "Sort tasks depending on `planner-sort-tasks-automatically'."
planner.el:  (when planner-sort-tasks-automatically
planner.el:    (planner-sort-tasks)))
planner.el:  (planner-sort-tasks)
planner.texi:@defopt planner-sort-tasks-automatically
planner.texi:@defun planner-sort-tasks

  Do I need to go to unstable to get access to those variables and
  functions?

thanks,
john.
--
I WILL NOT DO THAT THING WITH MY TONGUE
I WILL NOT DO THAT THING WITH MY TONGUE
I WILL NOT DO THAT THING WITH MY TONGUE
        Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode 7F07