[emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-el.texi updates

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-el.texi updates
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:40:24 +0900

Hello, everyone!

I spent a couple of hours tweaking the documentation for planner, and
I'm looking forward to getting feedback on it. Our goal is to make it
easier to get up and running using the Planner manual. The Planner manual
will also help people get the bigger picture; essential, considering the number
of files that make up Planner! ^_^

The new planner-el.texi includes a modified version of the Quick Start
as well as my post about keeping track of time (although the latter is
currently buried in Reference Material for lack of a better place).
I've also reorganized the planner features under the main sections, so
you'll find most of the task-related stuff together and most of the
notes-related stuff together. You can check it out in dev or browse
through it at http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/odc/dev/planner/ . A
couple of long lines get chopped off in the PDF versions, and I'd love
to hear suggestions on fixing that as well as other parts of the
documentation.

One of my goals in documentation is to have something that you can
show your non-Emacs-using friends/coworkers to convince them that hey,
this Planner thing is easy to get into, and it's quite useful. I
haven't figured out how to describe how wonderful the user community
is and how fun it is to experiment with one's process, but at least
the tutorial's there. =)

I'm also looking for "good practices"--not necessarily universally
best practices, but techniques that are pretty good in your opinion.
For example, the discipline of keeping only the next action on your
TODO list--that's a good practice. planner-timeclock is also quite
useful for some people. I'd really appreciate it if you take some time
to reflect on how you plan and keep track of your day (tasks, notes,
whatever) and pick out one or two nuggets to share with others on this
list. <grin>

Have fun!

Sacha Chua
who got another person to try out Emacs today just because of flashcard.el

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed