[emacs-wiki-discuss] Idea: split off the annotation code

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Idea: split off the annotation code
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:26:40 +0900

planner-*.el source code falls into two categories:

- code and tweaks related to planning
- hyperlinking support for various Emacs modules

Let's split off the hyperlink annotation code so that non-planner
people can take advantage of hyperlinking from everywhere, too. =) If
we move the automatic annotation code into another package and then
make emacs-wiki, remember and planner suggest it, we can make
planner-el simpler while also making it easier for people using other
personal information managers to try out this funky hyperlinking thing
we know and love. Imagine using ffap, browse-url, or a minor mode that
knows about all our funky URLs. <grin>

Splitting off the annotation code alsos mean that the planner-el
codebase can focus on just the planning aspect. =)

I could probably sit down one afternoon and split the code, but it
might be a good opportunity for someone who'd like to make a pretty
nifty contribution to Emacs and open source software. Any volunteers?
=)

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed