Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Problem this morning with marking tasks

From: Dryice Liu
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Problem this morning with marking tasks
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:22:46 +0800

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> wrote:

> John Sullivan <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> After updating dev this morning, when I mark a task status, the X or o
>> appears
>> on about the 10th character of the line, over top of the task description.

I got the same problem here, "GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386--freebsd, X toolkit, Xaw3d
scroll bars)
 of 2004-10-16 on gohan13.freebsd.org"

> Oh, dear. That's certainly very odd. This is what planner-mark-task became:
>
> (defun planner-mark-task (mark &optional this-only)
>   "Change task status to MARK.
> If THIS-ONLY is non-nil, the linked planner page is not
> updated."
>   (let ((case-fold-search nil)
>         (info (planner-current-task-info)))
>     (save-excursion
>       (when info
>         (goto-char (line-beginning-position))
>         (skip-chars-forward "^[:space:]" (line-end-position))

After this line, the cursor stops at some where random in the task
description. Didn't figure out a pattern though.

>         (skip-chars-forward "[:space:]" (line-end-position))
>         (delete-char 1)
>         (insert mark)
>         (unless this-only
>           (planner-update-task))))))
>
> It seems to work over here. Could you step through it and see if it's
> deleting the right character?

It didn't change the original statue character, It change a character
in the task description instead.

--
Cheers,
Dryice