[emacs-wiki-discuss] the A0 prioritization (was: Re: Making planner simp

From: Vadim Nasardinov
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] the A0 prioritization (was: Re: Making planner simpler)
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:36:04 -0500

On Tuesday 14 December 2004 10:43, Carl Worth wrote:
> Similarly, there were other parts of planner that just don't fit my
> style. The "A0" prioritization, (can't remember what planner calls
> these) doesn't help me.

FWIW, the "A0" prioritization is one of the core features of the
planner, in my opinion.  It is explained in [1].  As far as I can
tell, it may be based on the Stephen Covey [2] time management system.
That's the guy who wrote "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People"
[3], the book that Linus Torvalds says you should buy and burn [4].
(Although I don't think John Wiegley ever mentioned Covey [5].)

Anyhow, the bottom line is, if you don't buy into the planner mode
philosophy [1], then it's probably not a good fit.  Different strokes
for different folks, I suppose.

Vadim

Footnotes
 1.