Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Making planner simpler

From: Alan Schussman
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Making planner simpler
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:50:39 -0700

Seth Falcon wrote:

One simplification to consider: make the default to assign nil date to new tasks created with C-c C-t. An aspect of planner.el that isn't all that clear for me (as newbie) is how tasks are and are not automatically moved around.

Having discovered assigning nil date, I feel like I'm understanding things more (or encountering fewer surprises) and that it is a better way, for me, to use planner anyhow. Write tasks first, schedule later ;-)

Discovering this really improved the way I use planner, too. It had never occurred to me to plot out a whole set of tasks, and then incrementally assign them dates, partly because planner seemed so insistent that I give dates to tasks when I create them (and, perhaps, because that's the model of so many other planning tools that don't separate projects from days).

-Alan