[emacs-wiki-discuss] encoding problem

From: kay surnan
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] encoding problem
Date: 10 Dec 2004 07:43:36 -0000

Hi folks

I am trying to build a english/japanese page using emacs-wiki

These are my language related settings

.emacs

(set-language-environment "Japanese")
(set-terminal-coding-system 'utf-8)
(set-keyboard-coding-system 'shift_jis)
(set-default-coding-systems 'utf-8)
(set-clipboard-coding-system 'utf-8)
(setq file-name-coding-system 'utf-8)

Note --> since I am trying both on windows and linux boxes, when I am in windows I need to set set-keyboard-coding-system to 'shift_jis

These are my emacs-wiki.el settings

(defcustom emacs-wiki-meta-content-coding
  (if (featurep 'mule)
      'detect
    "utf-8")

Note --> I changed to utf-8

Now if I build the page and display it in a browser, the encoding is set to utf-8 but all my japanese is junk

If I change to iso-2022-jp then I can see them. But I need to display them using utf-8.

I suppose the culprit is somewhere here

(defcustom emacs-wiki-coding-map
  '((iso-2022-jp "iso-2022-jp")
    (utf-8 "utf-8"))

If not what else I need to tweak to get this done.

Any tips?

KSR