Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner-Newbie

From: Andreas Stemmer
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner-Newbie
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 12:18:47 +0100

Chris Parsons wrote:
I approached things in much the same way that you now do (with WinXP as
my platform) - I used emacs for editing, Outlook for
Mail/Calendar/Contacts, Outlook Express for News... but once I
discovered the way that Planner links in with mail/news/diaries, I've
switched all those things to emacs :)

I find my workflow much improved; the only thing I miss is not being
able to sync BBDB (address book) and diary with my PocketPC under
windows (ironically, I think it's supported under linux :)

I thought about a complete switch to emacs, too. Given the fact that I started to use XEmacs just a few weeks ago, it's perhaps too early for this big step now. I don't want to spend too much time into configuring XEmacs, Gnus, BBDB, diary etc. now, just to discover that it wasn't the right decision for me.

Thank you for your description, it's good to know that not only experienced linux gurus (who never used Outlook or something similar before) use this kind of setup.

Andreas