Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Wiki - Planner & email.

From: pll+ew
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Wiki - Planner & email.
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 08:53:31 -0500

[ I'm 3 months behind in my emacs-wiki mail :( ]

In a message dated: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:49:45 BST
Chris Wallace said:

>To chip in, I happily use gnus with imap + ssl.  http://my.gnus.org
>has a great dotfile generator, which is a good place to start.  The
>folks at gnu.emacs.gnus are helpful too.

While looking for this dot-file generator (unsuccessfully :(
I came across this post:

  http://my.gnus.org/node/view/300

Which claims:
  "Xemacs Calendar in sync with plan and my pda , ToDo, all in one window."

I thought Sacha, with her obsessive interest in "how people do stuff"
wrt PIMs might be most interested in this :)  However, it's a pretty
neat looking screenshot, and I wouldn't mind seeing
planner/emacs-wiki/muse/remember et al, evolve into something like
this (esp. the PDA sync part !).

Oh, and since this thread was originally about discussing e-mail
clients, here's my $.02:

 - For things I need to incorporate into planner, I use mh-e, for
   most normal day-to-day correspondence, I use exmh
 - I've tried Gnus, but just couldn't figure out how to configure it
   to my liking (I only spent about 2 hours with it)
 - I looked at WL, but it just looked like way too much effort

My biggest problem is that I'm heavily invested in a
non-IMAP configuration involving fetchmail and procmail.  If I could
figure out some way to get server-side sorting/filtering working such
that I could easily connect with an IMAP client I'd probably make a
more concerted effort to switch to something like Gnus.  But until
then, I can't just bear to throw away 10 years worth of procmail
scripts :(

--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE