[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: How does emacs-wiki-project-server-prefix work?

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: How does emacs-wiki-project-server-prefix work?
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 18:35:54 -0500

TC <address@hidden> writes:

> Trouble is, I'm finding that to get interwiki links working
> correctly, I have to use the following for each project's
> emacs-wiki-project-server-prefix:
>
> /~tcollins/
> /~tcollins/.privwiki
> /~tcollins/.sharedwiki
>
> Is that as it should be?  Michael, an ealrier post of yours seemed
> to imply that I should be able to do it without the leading
> "/~tcollins".

It depends on what your "base" URL is.  Can you email me a link to a
web page in SharedWiki?

> Is there no way to point to my "root" publishing directory without
> having my own name hard coded in there?  People often re-use my
> emacs lisp in my company, and I want to leave them with the minimum
> hacking about before they can use it.

The thing is, I publish all of my files into directories on the same
level, like:

ProjectsWiki -> ~/personal-site/site/projects, prefix: "../projects"
WebWiki -> ~/personal-site/site/wiki, prefix: "../wiki"

The following gets set automatically in my .emacs file by doing "M-x
customize-variable planner-custom-variables".

'(planner-custom-variables (quote ((emacs-wiki-project-server-prefix .

For emacs-wiki-journal, I customize `emacs-wiki-journal-server-prefix'
to be "../blog".

When you have things at different directory levels, you can't easily
use relative links, AFAICT.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- Web: http://www.mwolson.org/
Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net -- IRC: bigmike160 on freenode.net: #muse, #pulug