[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: How to set background color?

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: How to set background color?
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:30:39 +0900

Sunweik <address@hidden> writes:

> For example: I want to set background color for text in indented
> text or quoted text. But the tag does not work in this condition.
> Sth like text in http://repose.cx/emacs/wiki/WikiMarkup.html

Oh! I do that with CSS. If you want all the indented or quoted text
to have a certain background color, modify your stylesheet
(emacs-wiki-style-sheet, or the file that is mentioned) and
add

blockquote { background-color: rgb(240, 240, 240) }

or something like that.

If you want to color just a particular quotation, you're probably
better off adding the blockquote tag manually:

Foo

bar

baz

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun