[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-log-edit.el

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-log-edit.el
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:07:40 +0900

Simon Winwood <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey, that's cool ... I thought the onus was on me :)  I was
> going to get around to it, seriously :)

<grin> It's a Planner task, so it doesn't get lost. It... umm... just
gets procrastinated. ^_^ But at least it doesn't get forgotten!
<laugh>

> Should that be ...-hook? Also, perhaps you can help. I have another

Hmm. In that case, we can change it into a hook and run it until
success... Must make sure to document the variable well, as the name
can be misleading.

> minor-mode(ish) which auto-commits after I save a file (or
> after I kill it, there is a flag).  This works fine for most (well,
> all) other modes, but Planner/emacs-wiki seems to ignore something and
> the file doesn't get checked in ... off the top of your head, can you

Hmm. It should trigger because of after-save-hook. How odd. Can't
think of a reason off the top of my head, but maybe
address@hidden can... ^_^

> think of anything that would cause this (otherwise I will go
> lisp-diving) ... it is really annoying, as I use it to keep stuff in
> sync between machines (the mode is really cool for elisp config files,
> etc.) and I would like the Plan to be sync'd as well.
>       If you are interested, btw, the code is at
> http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~sjw/code.html#Emacs

Lisp diving, anyone? =) This sounds like a cool idea, and it would
be nice if it could work.

Are people using anything else for auto-commits?

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun