[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Problems with planner-diary

From: Stefan Reichör
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Problems with planner-diary
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:27:09 +0200

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

> Hmm. Please use the other method instead: rewriting sections of your
> page.

I will try the other method now.

> Apparently, buffer-file-name is sometimes unset during font-locking. I
> don't know why. I've worked around it by picking up the buffer name in
> case the file name is missing. Not sure if this completely works, but
> it's worth a shot.
>
> .. some time later...
>
> ARGH!
>
> planner--dev--1.0--patch-173 has a patch that fixes buffer-file-name,
> but runs into infinite loop problems.
>
> planner--dev--1.0--patch-174 removes the offending feature from the
> documentation. Deepest apologies if this breaks anyone's wiki pages.
> If it does, I'd love to hear how you got planner-diary's
> <lisp>(planner-diary-entries-here)</lisp> feature to work on your
> machine. Maybe we can figure out how to get it to work... <mumble>

>From the documentation that was there before, I liked the
<lisp>(planner-diary-entries-here)</lisp> approach better.

Is there a chance to get the feature in again?

As I said, the function call via
M-: (planner-diary-entries-here) RET
showed me already the expected result. There was "only" a problem with
the insertion of the value in the buffer.

Stefan.