[emacs-wiki-discuss] New: planner-tasks-file-behavior

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] New: planner-tasks-file-behavior
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:42:49 +0900

Hello, everyone!

I finally got around to working on Frederik Fouvry's patch to
planner-update-task, which mysteriously doesn't seem to have been sent
to the list; perhaps he put it up elsewhere? He wanted it to close
files that it had to open itself.

planner--dev--1.0--patch-167 now includes the
planner-tasks-file-behavior user option. By default, it closes all the
extra buffers opened by plan, planner-copy-or-move-region,
planner-copy-or-move-task, planner-replan-task, and
planner-update-task. (plan) should add just one new buffer: the buffer
for today.

If you find this results in too much disk thrashing, you can set it to
'save (old behavior), or nil (don't do anything).

If you feel strongly about this new behavior (+ or -) being the
default, please drop me a note and either make my day (and tempt me to
procrastinate more) or help me figure out a better implementation.
<grin>

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun