[emacs-wiki-discuss] Menu release candidate 1

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Menu release candidate 1
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 02:57:53 -0500

I've taken Marc Tommasi's Menu patch and adapted it for general use
with Emacs Wiki.  The patch attached to this email is a release
candidate.  If you feel so inclined, please try it out against a
recent checkout (patch-4) of my Emacs Wiki repository.

I've made use of this patch in a slight redesign of my website.
You'll notice that there is now a small, (hopefully) unobtrusive menu
on the right side of each page.  At the moment, I've chosen to use the
default options to generate it, which just puts up a list of all of my
interwiki projects.

To replicate:

- Add the contents of the attached file to your CSS
  stylesheet/settings.

- Get the latest checkout of my repository and apply the patch
  (obviously) ;^) .

- Either (1) add the "#menu" directive to the top of each page that
  should have a menu or (2) put

  <lisp>(funcall emacs-wiki-menu-factory)</lisp>

  in your default header.  I like to have it come after the page
  heading.

- Restart Emacs (or reload emacs-wiki-journal.el and emacs-wiki.el).

- Re-publish a project or two.

There are customizable settings in the Emacs Wiki Menu group under
Emacs Wiki.  Please feel free to change them and let me know what the
results are.  So far, all I've done is test the default settings.  I'd
like to have at least one other positive report before I commit the
patch.

--
Michael Olson  -  FSF Associate Member #652 -- Web: http://www.mwolson.org/
Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net -- IRC: bigmike160 on freenode.net: #muse, #pulug