[emacs-wiki-discuss] Emacs wiki maintenance

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Emacs wiki maintenance
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 14:44:05 -0500

Would it be all right if I become the maintainer of emacs-wiki?  I've
had several ideas lately that I'd like to try out and enough free time
to attempt them.  I now have a place on the net where I can host the
development of emacs-wiki <http://www.mwolson.org/projects>.

Some of these ideas include:

- Merge in some of the improvements from Muse, like forcing the user
  to put a space before a list item (like "^ - " and "^ 1. ").  This
  way, it is harder to accidentally get part of a long paragraph
  marked up as a list because of word wrap.

- Make it so that different spin-offs of emacs-wiki can be used
  concurrently by a project.  For example, make it so that a journal
  (or any emacs-wiki based project) can have different RSS feeds.

- Add the `emacs-wiki-server-prefix' variable to journal and planner
  so that these things can be used together more effectively.

- Add quite a bit of documentation to emacs-wiki.texi, examples,
  complete descriptions of all markup rules, and the like.

Please let me know what you think of this.

Michael Olson