Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-accomplishments errors

From: pll+ew
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-accomplishments errors
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:17:58 -0400

In a message dated: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 01:20:45 +0900
Sacha Chua said:

>address@hidden writes:
>
>> I seem to be unable to use planner-accomplishments.  If I try M-x
>> planner-accomplishments-show, I get this backtrace:
>> Signaling: (void-function derived-mode-p)
>
>Oh, blast. Sorry, GNU Emacs-ism, I think. derived-mode-p is in subr.
>On XEmacs, you may need to load 'derived. Could you try that?
>Temporary workaround: use planner-derived-mode-p, which uses equal
>under XEmacs.

Sorry, I'm not clear on what you are asking me to try here.
Are you saying that in planner-accomplishments.el I change the
following line:

   (let ((page (and (derived-mode-p 'planner-mode)

   (let ((page (and (planner-derived-mode-p)

?

>This is align-regexp's fault, I think! <laugh> Try commenting out
>the following lines in planner-accomplishments-format-table:
>
>      (when (fboundp 'align-regexp)
>        (align-regexp (point-min) (point-max) "\\(\\s-*\\)|" 1 1 t))
>
>If it works, then we might need to put in compatibility code for released
>versions of Emacs...

Okay, when I commented that out and ran M-x planner-accomplishments-update
I got:

Link               | Unfinished | In Progress | Completed | Total
Thingstoorder      | 6 | 0 | 0 | 6
Priorityshuffle    | 3 | 0 | 0 | 3
Treomail           | 0 | 0 | 2 | 2
Assetinventory     | 2 | 0 | 0 | 2
Laptops            | 1 | 1 | 0 | 2
Nil                | 2 | 0 | 0 | 2
Afsproject         | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1
Desktophelp        | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1
[[Opsmtg20040726]] | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1
[[2004.06.08]]     | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1
Total              | 18 | 1 | 2 | 21

Now, if only there were a way to get this to all line up :)
(hmmm, I bet that's what the align-regexp stuff did, huh <laugh> )
--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE