[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: (Repost) Switching projects

From: chris
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: (Repost) Switching projects
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 00:32:11 -1000

"Raymond Zeitler" <address@hidden> writes:
> I wonder whether you saw Sacha's reply to one of your posts?  It's
> here in the archive:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-wiki-discuss/2004-07/msg00068.ht
> ml

I did, thanks!

> This might be relevant, too:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-wiki-discuss/2004-06/msg00183.ht
> ml
>
>I think simply changing planner-directory might work for you?

I followed the link and grabbed a copy earlier, thanks.

The function certainly seems useful - does it have the net effect of
changing projects?  If so, then I would I say the problem is solved.

But I thought projects involved a _set_ of different directories,
potentially different markup, regexps, stylesheets, etc., etc. that
co-operate to provide a distinct environment for a set of pages?  That
is a requirement for what I would like to do with Planner, which
otherwise is eminently, and to my knowledge, uniquely suitable for my
purposes.

Maybe it is just my programming 'instincts', but when Sacha mentioned in
an earlier post that an 'elegant way' of switching projects had yet to
be found, it piqued my curiousity and my professional interest came to
the surface.

The great majority of the Planner code I've had the time to examine in
depth seems quite pleasing, and my sense is that there is an increasing
cohesiveness to the overall structure - do I sense Sacha's hand here? :)
So I can appreciate her desire for an elegant solution.

Unfortunately, I have many demands on my time just now, so I can't spend
nearly the amount of time on learning the code that I would like to,
though I *do* need to use Planner in support of the code I am supposed
to be working on! ;)

--
"I guarantee you we wouldn't have an H1-B and an outsourcing problem
if these programs targeted lawyers."