[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-renumber-tasks isn't obeying me :)

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-renumber-tasks isn't obeying me :)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:18:48 +0800

address@hidden writes:

> Whenever I add a new task using create-task-from-buffer (bound to
> C-c C-t), it creates a new task #A0. If I then save the buffer, it
> re-orders the tasks such that the most recently created task #A0
> gets shuffled to the bottom of the list of the 'A' priority tasks.

Hmmm. This is odd behavior, even when automatic task renumbering is
on. Is this on a date page or on a plan page? Date pages respect your
ordering, but plan pages sort by date as well.

You can turn off automatic task renumbering by setting
planner-renumber-tasks-automatically to nil. I've set it to nil in my
config because I found I hardly used it, and can always call it
manually via M-x planner-renumber-tasks if I want. =)
--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun