[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Emacs-wiki announcement

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Emacs-wiki announcement
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:29:46 +0800

"Raymond Zeitler" <address@hidden> writes:

> One thing I noticed is that sacha-stable.tar.gz, which I downloaded
> yesterday, contains a file that cannot be operated on in the Windoze
> OS. I'm referring to *.html in /sacha-stable/emacs-wiki/doc/HTML .
> Can you please rename it?

My bad! That was left over from a bad shell script. I think I've fixed
it now. The documentation is in a separate directory
(http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/doc/) so that it doesn't clutter
the stable downloads, although I guess I should pack the info and HTML
files at least... Anyway, should be fixed now.

yet? =)

> Also, I don't think the installation instructions said to
> byte-compile anything. Planner sure runs slowly without that. Is
> this something worth adding to the docs, or is it too obvious? (I
> guess if I knew enough to byte-compile, everyone else will, too!)

Excellent point! Can you add this to the PlannerModeQuickStart
and PlannerMode pages at http://www.emacswiki.org/search.pl? =)

> Finally, a few mirrors might be a good idea. Your home page can be
> difficult to access.

True, true. Would anyone like to mirror? Daily? Weekly? Something like
that? <grin> I can also push to a mirror whenever I update, if you
prefer that.

> I'm still not exactly sure what wiki is, but I think I like it.  :-)

Handy way of hyperlinking everything. You can use WikiWords and they'll
automatically get linked to the project pages.

Welcome to Planner! =)

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun