[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Access control for published pages

From: Andrew J. Korty
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Access control for published pages
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 21:27:31 -0500

Here's some code that does the Mason wrapping technique I've been
talking about.  Although I liked the idea of avoiding additional
languages and complexity, this approach was actually the simplest I
found that could do what I need.

So far I know of at least two bugs.  For one, when <authz> tags are
nested, the more restrictive one takes precedence, whereas it would
seem more useful for nested tags to override outer tags.  The other
seems to occur only when publishing to a remote directory using TRAMP.
Planner files that have been updated don't get republished, and those
that haven't changed, do.

If you're going to try it, please test it before using it on valuable
data.  I'm a novice Elisp programmer, so the code is probably pretty
heinous.  Suggestions, patches, and coding advice are all welcome.

--
Andrew J. Korty, Principal Security Engineer, GCIA, GCFA
Office of the Vice President for Information Technology