[emacs-wiki-discuss] emas-wiki, blosxom, and other stuff

From: TC
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] emas-wiki, blosxom, and other stuff
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:53:01 +0100

In the spirit discussed at http://www.sfu.ca/~gswamina/BlogsAreDead.html, what I'd really like is a setup that lets me enter data with EmacsWiki, without worrying too much about how people will view it, and then lets me and anyone else who is interested see that data presented for reading according to any of the following three mechanisms:

a. According to some explicitly described linkages - e.g. using WikiWord links, or by placing data files in a blosxom directory from which a category is implied

b. According to some implicit property such as when I last modified the data (a la default blosxom behaviour), or simply when the data was originally created (blosxom behaviour with caching enabled). A non-time-based property could be valency of the datum on a site graph

or

c. According to "popularity" of the various data item, as measured by number of visits (say)

So, a. gives me direct control of a view; b. lets users see what I'm working on now; and c. lets the users' behaviours cast a light on how data appears

(There may be others than those three, but I like those ones.)

Could blosxom and emacs-wiki be smooshed together to at least give a. and b.? And then, what would it take to produce the c. effect?

tc