[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: reordering priorities

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: reordering priorities
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 20:45:16 +0800

Hans Halvorson <address@hidden> writes:

> Wouldn't it also be possible to modify kill-yank within planner-mode
> so that it calculates how you've changed task priorities? Or perhaps
> planner-id could also include information about the order of
> priorities, and whenever a plan page is saved, the order is
> recalculated? (e.g., ".planner-id" might include a lattice-like
> structure whose nodes represent tasks.)

I'd love to, but I currently am not quite sure how to do this
efficiently. At the moment, I've disabled automatic planner task
renumbering on my machine, as I realized that I didn't use it very
often. <sheepish grin>

One way to do this would be to build a list of tasks every time one
saved the buffer, and then use this list of tasks as a strict ordering
for tasks on linked plan pages, but that means we need to visit plan
pages all the time and reorder them. We sort of do that with
planner-id already, so I'll try to cache the changes and do them all
in one go.

> But I don't mean to rush you on this -- planner is working just
> great for me.

Mm. I'll make a task for it so that I don't forget you asked, but it's
still up in the air. =) You can remind me about it if you feel it
becoming more important.

> Sorry to reply off the list -- I only receive the digest, and that
> makes it hard to reply to messages on the list.

No prob. I'll cc the list with my reply.

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun