[emacs-wiki-discuss] emacs-wiki-interwiki-names

From: pll+ew
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] emacs-wiki-interwiki-names
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:37:37 -0400

Hi all,

I'm trying to get interwiki links working.  I would like to be able
to have a link my wiki pages along the lines of SomeWiki#SomeFile
but, in my html, have that translated to:

  http://localhost/~pll/SomeWiki/SomeFile.html

So, from an elisp point of view, I seem to have:

  StringA#StringB

which needs to be converted to:

 StringC/StringA/StringB.StringD

Where:

  StringA = SomeWiki
  StringB = SomeFile
  StringC = http://localhost/~pll/
  StringD = '.html'

The existing docs show how to get from:

 StringA#StringB

 StringCStringAStringB

Does that make sense?

I think I want a lambda function, but I'm rather confused about how
one of those would look.

Extra bonus point if you can explain to me what the lisp does, since
I'd like to learn this stuff :)

Thanks,

--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE