[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Some bugs and feature requests

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Some bugs and feature requests
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:57:16 +0800

Gary V.Vaughan <address@hidden> writes:

> I was referring to auto-completion. The only other significant
> differences are the slashdot style category icons, and the nice
> reverse chronological all-on-one-page layout. But I think OP was
> referring to auto-completion.

My hippie-config now has a function to complete emacs-wiki page names.
http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/emacs/hippie-config.el . I bind
hippie-expand to F12 for convenience.

As for copying everything to a page: I guess a hook would be rather
nice.

> My journal page never grew large enough to get me to write any pruning
> functions, but they would be needed by anyone who used the mode in
> anger :-)

My journal pages are really long, which is why I prefer the split into
days. <grin> However, some people want week views, some people want
all-in-one-views, and some people want N most recent entries on one
page. Any ideas how to go about this?

> As the patch stands, and for the sake of my publishing to a Blosxom
> story heirarchy, you do have to type the whole thing. And it is a
> bit of a pain...

I wonder if it might be a good idea for you to keep all of your plan
files in a single directory, but make heavy use of
emacs-wiki-publishing-transforms to get it to publish in the right
place. =)

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun