[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: cannot save all my planner files

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: cannot save all my planner files
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 00:02:51 +0800

address@hidden writes:

> Due to some circularity in modifying the files during saving, it
> has become impossible for me to save _all_ my files.  There is
> always one file that ends up being modified.  Saving that one
> modifies again others that modify the first one again when they
> are saved.  I don't think this should happen.

That's odd. The only thing triggering this is planner-id's updates,
and it's supposed to check if the tasks are already equal. You'll get
one set of modified files the first time you save, but a second C-x s
should have gotten all the rest.

You can disable this temporarily with

(defun planner-id-update-tasks-on-page (&optional force)
  ;; Do nothing
  )

If you could trim this down to two troublesome tasks and send them to
me, that would greatly help me get to the bottom of this bug.

Sorry for the inconvenience. <sheepish grin> I haven't run into that
bug in a long time despite the planner-ids I have around.

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun