Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Minor bug + questions/suggestions

From: pll
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Minor bug + questions/suggestions
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:56:24 -0400

In a message dated: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:49:30 PDT
Martin Morgan said:

>* When tasks get carried forward, they're inserted before any tasks
>  already on the day page. Is there a way to get them inserted
>  afterward? Usually I've accumulated a short list of simple things
>  that I want to do first thing in the morning, but planner wants me
>  to do them last thing in evening (and _that_ will never happen!).

Mmmm, this would be nice.  I often start planning my day on the train on the
way to work by reviewing the stuff that got carried forward, but all add
several things I know I need to do right away once in the office.

Also, is there a way to have new tasks appended after point rather
than inserted before point?  This would be especially handy when
working on a project page.  Currently, I end typing everything in,
then setting a mark, and running M-x reverse-region.

>* When carrying tasks forward, all associated plan and day page
>  buffers get opened, modified, and marked as in need of saving. I'd
>  rather they got updated & saved automatically, and if they weren't
>  open to begin with, weren't open afterward. Is this possible? I've
>  already discovered planner-save-buffers, which gets me half way to
>  where I'd like to go.

This would be nice.  It sometimes takes me forever to kill all my
planner buffers when I want to stop planning, but not exit Emacs.

Err, what 'planner-save-buffers' ?  I just tried 'grep -ri save-buffers *'
from my planner-source directory and got nothing.

--
Seeya,
Paul