[emacs-wiki-discuss] free documentation directory

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] free documentation directory
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 03:09:27 -0500

I started working on a project using emacs-wiki.el that you might be
interested in.

This is a directory of free documentation (like the FSF/UNESCO
directory of free software).

The "front page" of the directory is here:

    http://www.ma.utexas.edu/~jcorneli/y/FDD/

The emacs-wiki sources are available here

    http://www.ma.utexas.edu/~jcorneli/y/Wiki.tar

What I have on line at present is really only a draft.  If you like
this project, the best things you can do to help are: (1) help me
fill in the gaps (add pages about documentation projects that I've
noticed but that I haven't written up in full); and, (2) tell me
about other documentation projects that I can add to the directory
(if possible, please write up a version of the page as you would
like it to appear).  Also feel free to spread the word about this
directory.  I will be relying on the participation of other people
to make it into a useful resource, but I think before too long it
will become quite useful.

It might well be that future of software belongs to those who have
the documentation -- so let's make sure we at least know where it
is, eh?

One other thing - I would like to add a search tool, but I don't
know what the best approach is.  So if that is something you think
you could help with please let me know.