Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] carry-tasks-forward

From: Thomas Gehrlein
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] carry-tasks-forward
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 09:51:43 +0200

Alan Schussman <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

> My understanding is that carry-tasks-forward

that should be: planner-carry-tasks-forward

> should move incomplete tasks from a prior planner page to the current day's
> page. Is this correct?

No.  planner-carry-tasks-forward is a variable, it doesn't do anything by
itself.  If planner-carry-tasks-forward is non-nil and you do

M-x plan RET

then your tasks will be moved forward.

Your might want to do

C-u 12 M-x plan RET

to scan the last 12 days for uncompleted tasks.  (Feel free to use any other
number instead of 12).  This will scan the last 12 pages for uncompleted tasks
and move them to today's plan page.

HTH

Thomas