Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-cyclic

From: John S J Anderson
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-cyclic
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 22:45:54 -0500

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

> Here's something I've just committed for the procrastinator in all of
> us: "C" status, for cancelled tasks. Turn
>
> #A0 _ Task
>
> into
>
> #A0 C Task
>
> and you don't have to worry about it being carried over, but it's not
> marked completed either.

  That works. 8^)=

>>   One other thing I'd like to have is the ability to have a mix of
>>   cyclic tasks, some that carry over automatically and some that
>>   don't. Is there any way to accomplish that?
>
> Hmm. Quick workaround: create some tasks with C status. (We'll
> probably want to tweak the sort order and the highlighting, then.)

  Actually, for what I want to do, I can just 'C' mark things that I
  don't want to carry over when I realize I'm not going to get to
  them, and then let the others slide. S'all good.

  (Is there a defun to mark something with 'C', BTW?)

>>   of my long-term aspirations is to write some scripts that crawl day
>>   pages and generate stats on how often I do or don't complete these
>>   cyclic tasks.
>
> Now you get to see all the tasks you've cancelled, instead of just
> deleting the task... =)

  Indeed -- which is actually great!

> Also, recently committed change makes planner-cyclic not rewrite past
> pages. This should prevent old deleted tasks from popping up again.

  Coolio. I finally got around to pulling stable from arch today, and
  things seem to be working pretty much the way I want them too.

thanks,
john.
--
"The part that frightens the hell out of me is the goverment deciding
where technology goes."