[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: emacs-wiki usage

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: emacs-wiki usage
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 00:42:18 +0800

address@hidden writes:

>   (setq planner-day-page-template "* Tasks\n\n\n* Schedule\n\n\n*
> Notes\n\n\n* Diary\n\n\n")
>   (plan)
> I would expect that this should create a page for me which has
> * Tasks, * Schedule, * Notes, and * Diary.  But all I get is
> * Tasks and * Notes.  What am I doing wrong here?

Your init file looks good. Note that templates are only used for new
files. If plan turns up an existing file, then it won't be used.
Is that what's happening here?

> I get the basic planning and creation of tasks and their links to
> different wiki pages. But how do I use the task ID stuff, and how do
> I use remember-planner, planner-diary, remember-use-bbdb?

Okay, let's start with task IDs.

Just (require 'planner-id). That's all you have to do. With that,
changing the text of the task updates the text of the linked task. If
you don't find a use for this, you can disable it without any harm.

As for remember-planner, this is a good start:

  (require 'remember-bbdb)   ;; Just to get nicer names from e-mail
  (setq remember-annotation-functions planner-annotation-functions)
  (setq remember-handler-functions '(remember-planner-append))
  (global-set-key '[f9] 'remember)

Then try hitting F9 from anywhere. C-c C-c to save the note to the
current day page. You'll be prompted for a plan page, but that's
optional.

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun