[emacs-wiki-discuss] Notes on a clean install

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Notes on a clean install
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:25:09 -0800

Hi all,

I finally got around to updating my quite old version of planner.  I
removed all my customizations and started from scratch.  I'm pretty
happy that with a pretty minimal set-up I am able to get things
running the way they used to (well, plus or minus some funky font
changes ;-)

Some quick notes:

1) emacs-wiki settings must be made before planner settings.  That
   one had me scratching my head for a while.

2) One possible point of confusion is having to use remember.el as
   something separate from planner.  Why can't planner simply (require
   'remember-planner)?  I know they are really separate, but it may
   be a less confusing to the new user to do things that way.

3) Could (require 'planner-id) be turned on by default?

4) I really like planner-update-note.  How does one un-"Narrow" the
   buffer?  planner-narrow-to-section works kind of.   It'd be great
   if there was an option to planner-update-page which could go
   through all the notes and update them.

5) It would be nice if .el files that are required by default were
   somehow distinguished from those that need to be required
   separately.

Thanks again Sacha (and John and Damien) for such a great package...

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak      http://opg1.ucsd.edu/~jklymak/
mailto:address@hidden