Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner documentation

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner documentation
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 11:26:49 -0800 (PST)

Whoops, this should've gone to the list...

Can't you dump the stuff at EmacsWiki.org as a texinfo file?  Seems I
remember seeing that capability somewhere (perhaps Alex could
elaborate on the possibility).  That would combine 1 and 3 and, with
the --html switch on makeinfo, you would get all three!

--- Frederik Fouvry <address@hidden> wrote:

> ,-- Am Thu, 11 Mar, hat Martin Stemplinger geschrieben:
> |
> | Hi all,
> |
> | planner-mode is getting better and better all the time (thanks
> | Sacha!) but also more complex. I'd volunteer to write some
> | documentation but there are some different approaches each of
> which
> | has its advantages and disadvantages.
> |
> | 1) Enhance the documentation on http://www.emacswiki.org.
> | Advantage: Easy to do and everybody can contribute
> | Disadvantage: Can't be included in the tarball and is not
> accessible
> | offline.
> |
> | 2) Write a html-file (e.g. as a transformed wiki page).
> | Advantage: Easy to do and can be included in the tarball.
> | Disadvantage: not the "proper" documentation format for emacs.
> |
> | 3) Write a info manual
> | Advantage: "politically correct" documentation :-)
> | Disadvantage: Harder to maintain. I'd use docbook and docbook2x
> | transform it. That way we could produce all formats (html, pdf
> and info).
>
> I use info all the time, so I'd like to see texinfo
> documentation.
>
> Frederik

=====
David Masterson