[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner.el

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner.el
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:02:52 +0800

Frederik Fouvry <address@hidden> writes:

> A bit of cleaning-up in planner.el (reduces messages from
> the compiler).

Thanks!

I have a few questions before merging this in. Gnus and related
modules shouldn't be required for a compile, as one can happily use
planner without them. What's a nice way to deal with this? Split those
off into separate files?

> I'm actually having problems - probably with planner/Emacs-wiki -
> in that my Emacs started crashing rather regularly since I
> started using planner and/or emacs-wiki.  Apart from that,

That's strange!

> font-locking behaviour seems to be unpredictable: sometimes I get
> the standard Emacs-wiki, other times the planner colours,
> sometimes Task ids are coloured, other times not.

I haven't quite figured out how font-locking works. <sheepish grin>
Does it work properly after M-x font-lock-fontify-buffer or M-x
emacs-wiki-highlight-buffer?

> Anyway, I also wrote a function to do what Markus Hoenicka's perl
> script is doing, but then in planner-mode, not in HTML.  Once
> it's cleaned up, I'm happy to pass it on to you.

Interesting. As you corrected my typo in the elisp function that looks
for unfinished functions, I guess you're using those too... =)

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun