[emacs-wiki-discuss] planner.el and gnus links

From: Martin Morgan
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner.el and gnus links
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 09:11:31 -0800

Thanks for the guidance on my previous 'suggestion'!

I have a of gnus-related problem. When creating a task from gnus,
using A n, I sometimes end up with extended links that look like

[[gnus://nnfolder+private:mail.in/<address@hidden>][E-mail from
xxx]]

i.e., the message ID contains an ip address in [], and with the
message id inside <>. The link doesn't get interpreted correctly. I
thought this was because the emacs-wiki-extended-link-regexp doesn't
allow []. I've tried to modify this variable, and also
planner-url-regexp for the 'raw' gnus: link removed from the extended
link, but without success. Any pointers? More problematic is when gnus
returns

[[gnus://nnfolder+private:mail.in/address@hidden from
xxx]]

(without <> around the message ID); the ]] at the end of the ip
address means, I think, that this first part of the extended link is
interpreted as [[link]]. Again I tried messing with the
emacs-wiki-extended-link-regexp (by removing the ?, for instance) but
without success.

In general I was having a tough time trying to find out how to debug
this, e.g., finding where in emacs-wiki.el or planner.el to set
breakpoints for debugging. Any tips?

Thanks for any pointers!

Martin