Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] more than one wiki directory?

From: Damien Elmes
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] more than one wiki directory?
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 11:00:26 +1100

David Masterson <address@hidden> writes:

> --- Damien Elmes <address@hidden> wrote:
>> To set up a different directory for each project, do something
>> like:
>>
>>   (setq emacs-wiki-projects
>>         `(("default" . ((emacs-wiki-directories . ("~/Lib/wiki"))))
>>           ("uni" . ((emacs-wiki-directories . ("~/Lib/uni/wiki"))))
>>           ("web" . ((emacs-wiki-directories . ("~/Lib/webwiki"))
>>           [...]
>>
>> Each time you find a file in one of these directories, it will
>> switch to the correct wiki project.
>>
>> Note that you should leave emacs-wiki-directories undefined outside
>> of emacs-wiki-projects.
>
> Humh?  Please clarify that last sentence.  I think I was with you up
> until there.

Mainly it's superfluous - all of the emacs-wiki-directories in the
projects will be scanned when you find a file, so there's no need to
define a set of directories "outside" a project as well.

In the past, people have run into difficulties with a "global"
definition of emacs-wiki-directories shadowing a project definition,
but I can no longer remember the specifics there, and a quick test
couldn't reproduce a problem.

I don't advise it, anyway. :-)

Cheers,
--