[emacs-wiki-discuss] emacs lisp for prototyping?

From: Eric . Belpaire
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] emacs lisp for prototyping?
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:32:08 +0100

Hello,

I've a question not directly related to this mailing list.
Maybe someone can direct me to the right one.

Can I envisage to use emacs as a prototyping environment to develop some
tools in lisp with the intent to port these tools to common lisp packages
for compilation if and when I'll want to distribute some of those tools?
If this is possible, has someone tried it? What are the obstacles?
At gnu.org, I've come across Kawa that allows to compile Scheme into java
bytecode.  This seems a possible path.

Any suggestions?

Eric BELPAIRE