emacs-tangents

Re: Help building Pen.el (GPT for emacs)

From: Shane Mulligan
Subject: Re: Help building Pen.el (GPT for emacs)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 15:20:07 +1200

Hey guys.

In the last week I have been writing a thesis for Imaginary Programming, which aims to make all of this clear and formalised.

I am very sorry if I have sounded frustrated, but I think that this is so important for free software and a GPL-4 may be required to protect people, but also that Copilot and OpenAI's Codex and GPT-3 models infringe upon the spirit of GPT-3 code.

I will attach the thesis into this email.

https://github.com/semiosis/imaginary-programming-thesis/blob/master/thesis.org

I am working around the clock to finish this thesis and have it published, but it's really important to have these protections in place before the huge suite of SASS services and Microsoft Apps hit the market which are using Copilot and Codex to generate derivative works and applications built upon the backs of free software developers.

Thank you.

Shane Mulligan