emacs-tangents

Re: New EmacsWiki theme v2

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: New EmacsWiki theme v2
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 11:02:23 +0600

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 6:36 AM, Brian Burns <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yeah, I searched through all the Google Fonts to try to find a good serif
> font but they all seemed either too light or too heavy, so ended up just
> using Garamond and URW Palladio L - the Garamond was a bit light but I kind
> of got used to it.

Why do you even want to specify a font for body text?

The user already has one favorite serif font, one favorite sans-serif
font, and one favorite monospaced font, and has them configured in
their browser preferences. Any change from that will lead to a
decrease in legibility for that particular user.

(Overriding fonts for headings is okay. But very sparingly.)