emacs-tangents

Re: Too few people taking care of bug reports,

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Too few people taking care of bug reports,
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 23:14:53 +0200

> From: John Wiegley <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,  Stephen Leake <address@hidden>,
> address@hidden,  address@hidden, Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 12:50:53 -0800
>
> It could also be that I just haven't discovered all of the tricks that Eli
> might know. Is there any documentation I should be reading beyond what's on
> the GNU bug tracker page?

I don't have any tricks.  I'm subscribed to the bug mailing list and
read each and every bug report.  If it's something I decide to look
into, I leave the mail in my inbox and get to that when I have time.
That's all.

Taking care of a bug, for me, could be as simple as reproducing it (or
not) and posting the results, or it could be a request for the OP to
try something and report back, or it could be a full-fledged debug
session.

Either way, all I need from the tracker is the data about the bug.
Whatever debbugs does, it cannot screw that up.