Re: orgmode website contributions to translations? -- Was: It's possible

From: Ruijie Yu
Subject: Re: orgmode website contributions to translations? -- Was: It's possible, to translate the org-mode website into Spanish?
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 22:26:21 +0800

> Ruijie Yu <ruijie@netyu.xyz> writes:
>
>> I can help translate to zh_CN occasionally, seeing that the repo is not
>> updated too frequently.  Although I might need some pointers on how to
>> start a new translation, and how sourcehut works. :)
>
> Just clone the repo from https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/orgweb and send patches
> to this mailing list as usual. See
> https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html
>
>> Also, does this need a copyright assignment?  FTR, I am still waiting
>> for a counter-signature from FSF on Emacs.
>
> AFAIK, yes. For the official Org page (not WORG), we require FSF
> copyright assignment.
>
> Note that FSF should usually reply within 5 working days. If not, you
> follow up once, wait another 5 working days, and then let us know - we
> can push them stronger.

Thanks, now I have cloned the repo locally.

While reading the files, there is one immediate issue I have found: on
current orgweb master (feed1160), line 153 of /index.org has a broken
link on how to contribute to worg.  Similarly, /ja/index.org has the
same broken link, whereas /fr/index.org has a different paragraph in its
place so no broken links there.

--
Best,

RY