Re: org-babel guile source block bug in handling multiple values

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-babel guile source block bug in handling multiple values
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 13:11:31 +0000

Zelphir Kaltstahl <zelphirkaltstahl@posteo.de> writes:

> OK, to wrap up (ha!), I want to ask:
>
> (q1) What is a rationale, if any, behind the let-wrapping?

It makes sense in ob-emacs-lisp to not litter global Emacs state.
In other ob-* lisp backends, I am not sure.
I am CCing Daniel, the maintainer of ob-clojure (we have no active
maintainer for ob-scheme now). Maybe, Daniel has some useful insight.

> (q2) Any chances of that changing to (define ...)?

This sounds reasonable.

> (q3) How could I change my org-mode's code to not  let-wrap, and instead use
> (define ...)?

See `org-babel-expand-body:scheme'. You can re-define it for a quick
temporary fix.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,